Thursday, July 23, 2009

Birthdays (cont'd)

On July 9th we had another birthday party, but this time just for Brooke and Jaycee. It was at our house and we had lots of family and friends there. We started the party off with a game of Pin the Tail on the Donkey.

Jaycee

Brooke


Next we played Drop the Clothespin in the Bottle, which is always a favorite. Here are Brooke, Jaycee, Aunt Addison, Aunt Gabby, Cousin Kyle, and Cousin Seamus.




No 4-year-old birthday party is complete without a good game of Duck, Duck, Goose!



Next, the famous Pop-the-Balloon-on-My-Ankle-Game. Not a big hit with the birthday girls, but I think the older kids had fun with this one!



Present time! They got lots of fun stuff!






Ever since we started planning the party, Brooke has been talking about her princess cake. We saw a really cute decorated princess cake at the store, but it cost way too much for a little birthday party. I decided I would have to come up with something on my own. Having no cake decorating skills whatsoever, this is what I came up with, and the best part of all, Brooke was very pleased with it! We had two orange candles for Jaycee, and four pink candles for Brooke!


After the party, Grandma Brinkerhoff read them some of their new books, and they both tried out their new sunglasses and backpacks!



They received packages in the mail from Grandpa and Grandma Anderson, which they opened a couple days after the party.
Posing for a picture.



Ready, set, go!



Jaycee likes her new elephant!



They received lots of books, a cuddly elephant, and a pair of pants for Jaycee. They got started reading right away!
Thanks everyone for helping them have such fun birthdays!

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, girls! Looks like they both had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to two beautiful girls! you know what i just realized something funny....gage's bday is june 15th and garrett's is july 2nd. we're just a day ahead on both. :) i'm glad your girls had a good time. they are so cute! love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOKS LIKE GOOD TIMES WERE HAD BY ALL! I SURE MISS THE DAYS OF LITTLE PARTY PEOPLE RUNNING AMOK THROUGH MY HOUSE! KISSES TO YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genevieve,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'm not sure how you found me, but I adore your mother endlessly. She is one I talked to first about homebirth because I knew she was quite experienced ; ) Will you send her my regards? I'd actually love to email her, if I could get her address...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you have the cute family. maintaining the hairs of children is an tough task check the latest kids haircuts for the braid hairstyles @ https://www.mrkidshaircuts.com/braid-hairstyles/

    ReplyDelete